Since 1986, EduCap has provided and administered billions of dollars in student
loans to hundreds of thousands of qualified students and their families. EduCap
makes its student loan programs available direct to consumers, as well as through
secondary channels such as corporations, associations, and other affinity sponsors.
As a pioneer in the student loan industry, EduCap has quite a few "firsts" to its
credit. Here are just a few:
- EduCap was the first to develop a non-government credit-based education financing
product in the United States, which led to the creation of the multibillion-dollar
private student loan industry.
- EduCap was the first to securitize student loans on Wall Street, uniformly attaining
- EduCap was the first program developer and administrator to market private student
loan programs directly to the consumer.
- EduCap was the first to design and implement a fully-automated origination and servicing
platform for credit-based student loans.
- EduCap was the first to develop customized credit scoring models and incorporate
risk-based pricing into education financing products.
- EduCap was the first to bundle complementary products, such as a personal computer
for use at school, with private student loans.
- EduCap was the first to provide access to education financing as an employee benefit